Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flying Pig Training Re-Cap: Week 9

HALFWAY POINT!  Finishing Week 9 means that I'm halfway through my 18-week training program.  The Pig is less than 2 months away - holy smokes!  Unfortunately, halfway time-wise does not equate to halfway mileage-wise.  I'm entering the peak weeks of training in terms of mileage.  Lord help me.

As usual, I am a bit delayed in posting this week's re-cap; thankfully, my Nike+ iPod has kept track of my runs for me.  I swear I don't recall skipping the mid-week "short" runs (both of which were scheduled at 4 miles), but I assume Nike wouldn't lie to me.  I guess those blues really did get to me (just wait until you see the embarrassment that is Week 10 - sigh).

Monday, 2/21 - Zumba
Tuesday, 2/22 - off
Wednesday, 2/23 - off
Thursday, 2/24 - 7 miles in 1 hour, 15 minutes (10:45 average)
Friday, 2/25 - off
Saturday, 2/26 - 11 miles in 2 hour, 2 minutes (11:08 average)
Sunday, 2/27 - off

Typically, I run on fairly flat terrain.  This is mostly because I run alone, and the route where I do my long runs - while safe - happens to be completely flat.  Training this way is going to be a problem, since this is what I have to face on May 1st.  I am proud to say that this week's 11-miler was all hills - uphill both ways (seriously).  Given the difficulty, I was pretty excited to finish with an 11:08 minute/mile average!


2011 Flying Pig Training Mileage Stats
Scheduled (This Week): 26
Completed (This Week): 18 (69%)
Scheduled (Overall): 209
Completed (Overall): 173 (83%)

No comments:

Post a Comment