Saturday, January 8, 2011

Flying Pig Training Re-Cap: Week 1

This post is just a bit late, as work has been crazy this week!  It was "close week" (fellow accounting nerds may be able to relate to the stress of month-end close - and in this case, it was YEAR-end close!), so the majority of my days and evenings were unfortunately spent at the office.  Waa, waa, waa.  Anyhow ...

My weekly training re-caps will run (get it, run?) from Monday (cross-training day) through Saturday/Sunday (long run day).  Since my "official" Flying Pig training schedule started on Wednesday the 29th, here is the short re-cap for Week 1:

Wednesday 12/29 (already made a schedule change and actually ran this on Tuesday) - 3 miles in 32 minutes (10:45 average)
Thursday, 12/30 - 5 miles in 54 minutes (10:49 average)
Friday, 12/31 - 3 miles in 32 minutes (10:47 average)
Saturday, 1/1 - New Year's Day, off day!
Sunday, 1/2 - 8 miles in 1 hour, 29 minutes (11:05 average)

The first three runs this week really had me worried about this whole marathon training decision: I felt sluggish, I had frequent side-stitches, and my form sucked.  Whose idea was this anyway?!  Thankfully, my 8-miler was pretty darn good - and with that, my faith in myself was renewed.  I can do this!


2011 Flying Pig Training Mileage Stats
Scheduled (This Week): 19
Completed (This Week): 19
Scheduled (Overall): 19
Completed (Overall): 19

No comments:

Post a Comment