Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flying Pig Training Re-Cap: Week 2

Um, so, I've been a bit of a slacker on the weekly re-cap posts (and you thought my Week 1 re-cap was late!), so I've got a bit of catching up to do.  Thankfully, I am the proud owner of a Nike+iPod, so my stats are easily accessible (the accuracy of said Nike+iPod stats are questionable - more on that another day).  Without further ado, so here is my re-cap for Week 2:

Monday, 1/3 - Zumba
Tuesday, 1/4 - off
Wednesday, 1/5 - off (cut me some slack, work was CRAZY this week!)
Thursday, 1/6 - 3 miles in 32 minutes (10:32 average)
Friday, 1/7 - 5 miles in 53 minutes (10:41 average)
Saturday, 1/8 - off
Sunday, 1/9 - 9 miles in 1 hour, 41 minutes (11:13 average)

In marathon training, there are good runs and there are bad runs: this week's 9-miler was definitely a bad run.  I started off feeling sluggish and by mile 3, was already worn out and had to focus on putting one foot in front of the other through to the finish.  After the grueling torture was over, I spent hours on the couch with an upset stomach.  Training is not off to the best start.


2011 Flying Pig Training Mileage Stats
Scheduled (This Week): 20
Completed (This Week): 17
Scheduled (Overall): 39
Completed (Overall): 36

No comments:

Post a Comment