Monday, February 7, 2011

Chickpea Salad

After a late-night Zumba session (yes, 7:15-8:15 p.m. is considered a "late-night" workout for old folks like me!), I was hungry, but didn't want to stuff myself with full-on dinner so close to bedtime (again: old!).  So with the expert advice of the Mister, I whipped up a little post-workout chickpea salad.


3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup cucumber, cut up into small pieces
small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Um, that's it.  I warmed mine up (strange as it may sound) - maybe it makes it feel like more of a "winter" meal that way?


According to Calorie Count, this salad has about 286 calories, 9 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs, and nearly 9 grams of fiber (about 35% of the recommended daily allowance!).

2 comments:

  1. Have you noticed a change in your energy levels during runs this time around vs. when you trained as a non-vegetarian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, not really. I was worried that I would, but I find it quite comparable. I did, however, forget about the need for a near-constant stream of caffeine during training - I know I just need to get more sleep!

    ReplyDelete