Sunday, April 24, 2011

Flying Pig Training Re-Cap: Week 17

I am going to miss this.

Monday, 4/18 - Zumba
Tuesday, 4/19 - off
Wednesday, 4/20 - off
Thursday, 4/21 - off
Friday, 4/22 - 4 miles in 42 minutes (10:36 average)
Saturday, 4/23 - 3 miles in 32 minutes (10:49 average)
Sunday, 4/24 - 8
 miles in 1 hour, 28 minutes (10:59 average) 

One week from now, I will be FINISHED running the 2011 Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon.  FINISHED!  Unbelievable.

Today I ran my last long run of training, a lovely 8-miler complete with a bit of unanticipated humidity (thanks, Cincinnati).  As I was trudging up hill #2948, sweat dripping down the back of my neck, '80s Madonna blaring in the headphones, it hit me: I am going to miss this.  As crazy as that sounds, there is something about running that hooks you.  All I've done this entire winter is complain.  I've made my friends, family, and co-workers swear to me that they will never let me sign up for another marathon - that this is IT!  And now that it's almost here, I'm starting to wonder ... what about #3?


2011 Flying Pig Training Mileage Stats
Scheduled (This Week): 19
Completed (This Week): 15 (79%)
Scheduled (Overall): 453
Completed (Overall): 369 (81%)

2 comments:

  1. I love your dedication and commitment. You and Claire are my inspiration. I know I'm only going half the distance as you, but I have a much better idea of what it takes. See you at the Pig Pen. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jerry! And there is no such thing as "ONLY" running a half marathon - you are going to be running 13.1 miles on Sunday - 13.1!! That is amazing. I'm SO proud of you.

    ReplyDelete