Friday, April 29, 2011

An Emotional Mess

With only two days until The Pig, I've become an emotional mess.  I don't remember being quite this excited about Detroit - it was more of a "I'm so nervous that I'm gonna puke!" feeling for the week leading up to the marathon.  Okay, not that I don't have that feeling as well, but the emotional, "holy crap I can't believe I'm going to do this again" feeling is taking over right now.

There is a huge emotional side to running - this is not intended to sound pretentious, but non-runners just don't get it.  I've compared crossing the marathon finish line to walking down the aisle at my wedding - those are the only two times in my life that I have felt that particular mix of emotions: excitement, pride, achievement.  And that feeling is what made me want to sign up for another 18 weeks of torture.

On the way to work this morning, I heard "Fix You" by Coldplay and was immediately reminded of this video.  If you haven't heard Ben's story, check it out - and start with this video:


If this doesn't get you excited to Do Life, I don't know what would.  (By the way, I'm looking forward to meeting Ben himself on June 28th here in the 'nati!)

48 hours to go.  I've got to pull myself together.

No comments:

Post a Comment